Study God’s Word…
The School of the Bible is a Bible training program that helps believers to expand their understanding of the Bible and to become equipped for ministry in church. Our school is designed for members and workers, including: deacons, Sunday School Ministry workers and teachers, youth workers, all Children’s Ministry workers, Bus Ministry workers, as well as anyone who simply desires to deepen their Bible knowledge and increase their effectiveness in serving the Lord.
The Bible follows the biblical pattern given in 2 Timothy 2:2: “And the things which thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” This theme permeates every course and every lesson. Through prepared materials and instruction, and through personal study of God’s Word, Students are equipped to be “able to teach others also.” You will be challenged to be filled with the Spirit of God, and to be used of the Lord to commit His Word to others.
School of the Bible courses are currently being taught during Christianity 101 on Sunday mornings at 10am.
- Personal Evangelism—practical instruction in witnessing to unbelievers and leading them to Jesus Christ.
- Survey of the Old Testament 1—a survey of the Books of the Law (Genesis through Deuteronomy) and the Historical Books (Joshua through Esther).
- Basic Bible Doctrine 1—clear Bible teaching on the studies of: the Bible, God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and angels.
- Methods of Bible Study—helpful methods to assist believers in personal Bible study. Learn principles of biblical interpretation to guide you in understanding different passages of Scripture.
- Survey of the Old Testament 2—a survey of the Books of Poetry (Job through the Song of Solomon), the Major Prophets (Isaiah through Daniel), and the Minor Prophets (Hosea through Malachi).
- Basic Bible Doctrine 2—clear Bible teaching on the studies of: man, sin, salvation, the church, and the end times.
- Teaching the Bible—practical instruction on teaching the Bible effectively to adults, youth, and children. Biblical methods of teaching are explored and learned.
- The Christian Home—clear teaching from God’s Word concerning God’s design for the home and for the Christian family. Helpful instruction is given in the areas of marriage and parenting.
- Survey of the New Testament 1—a survey of the books of Matthew through Ephesians.
- Survey of New Testament 2—a survey of the books of Philippians through Revelation.
- The New Testament Church—a study of the first-century church. Learn the biblical purpose of the church and the involvement of each member of the body.
- The Life of Christ—a detailed look at the Person and the work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Topics covered include: Christ’s virgin birth; His teachings, miracles, and parables; His suffering and death; His resurrection and ascension.